Six Surprising Uses For Common Injectables
When you hear the terms BOTOX® or JUVÉDERM®, you probably think about smoothing forehead wrinkles or plumping the lips. However, those widely known benefits are only the beginning of what these injectables can do.
Over the last five years, these anti-aging treatments have increased in usage by more than 40%. Men and women have seen time and again that these solutions can replace lost skin volume and turn back the clock for numerous places on the body.
What does this mean for you? How might injectables solve your beauty woes? To help answer these questions, here’s a look at some of the ground-breaking ways BOTOX® and JUVÉDERM® are being used now — and why you might want to book an injection appointment soon.
Possibility #1: Smooth Out Wrinkles
Obviously as the body ages, your skin will show signs of maturing. However, these indications can appear on more than just the forehead. Other places where injectables can restore a younger and more vibrant appearance include:
- The neck. Do you find yourself reaching for scarves or turtlenecks more often? Here is the truth: The muscles on the neck naturally become more noticeable as a person ages. However, by injecting BOTOX®, these muscles can relax and become less prominent. The result is a smoother, tighter neck— all starting with a simple appointment.
- The knees. Any aging individual who tries to wear shorts in the summer understands the embarrassment of finding fine lines and wrinkles on the knees. Even if the rest of your body looks 10 years younger, the knees can be a dead giveaway. So why not turn back the clock by getting an injection? These treatments are a great way to soften noticeable lines for a restored youthfulness.
- The chin. While young people naturally have resilient, smooth chins, our muscles can create a creased or cobblestone appearance over time. One way to fix it is with neurotoxins. Injectables can relax the muscles enough to reduce wrinkles and make your chin look stronger.
- The hands. Last but not least, wrinkled hands advertise an aging body. JUVÉDERM® can conceal the otherwise prominent look of bones and veins, giving you more confidence to flaunt those hands to the world.
Possibility #2: Restore Lost Skin Volume
Various factors can lead to a decrease in skin volume, including aging and weight loss. For many individuals, this lost plumpness can create a droopy, hollow or wrinkly appearance that is less than desirable. Here too is where JUVÉDERM® can be useful. Try injectables to pump up the volume in these body parts:
- Facial temples. If your temples appear shrunken and hollow, fillers can provide a way to prevent facial wasting. Give the face proper structure again by injecting the temples with products that restore its shape.
- Ear lobes. Whether from age or damage, droopy ear lobes can feel frustrating and unattractive. If you have a piercing, you may notice that the hole has widened, making it harder to wear those favorite earrings. Getting an injection could plump up the area and prevent further stretching.
There are many ways that beauty treatments can help you achieve the younger, more attractive look you desire. To learn more about the other uses for common injectables, take a look at the accompanying resource. In it are six specific ways that products such as BOTOX® and JUVÉDERM® can revitalize your body.
Author bio: Stephanie Schlageter is the owner and director of Radiance Medspa, a full-service medical day spa. She has 13 years of experience in the industry and focuses on biomedical engineering.
Courtesy Of Radiance Medspa